Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easters in South Carolina

For some reason, Matt and I have started a tradition of going to South Carolina for Easter.  Well, the actual reason being that my sister and her family live there and ULM's Spring Break has always tied into the Good Friday then the week afterwards.  So, for our 10 hour drive, we've got to have time for at least 2 days of driving and we'd like to spend 3 or so days there, which means we need at least 5 days for this trip.  And at $450 a pop for a plane ticket, a flight is out of the question. 

I'm not sure the requirements of what makes traditions become traditions, but to me if you've done it more than twice, that should constitute "tradition."  So, this being our third trip to Spartanburg, SC, for Easter, the Miller's and the Street's have decided it's now a tradition.  The other tradition is that we have Easter supper without any parents or kids.  (I think Chuck likes to go out with me and Matt sometimes because it's one of the few times he can get something spicy or different from Jill's normal not-so-spicy taste buds.) 
Jenny and Matt- Easter 2009
Jill, Olivia, Chuck, Addison -Easter 2009  
Matt, Addison, me and Olivia, Easter 2010

Me and Matt, Easter 2011
Olivia (2.5 years), Addison (4 years), Solomon (7 months) Easter 2011

It's been so much fun to get to see my sister and her family when we get a chance!  We try for at least 3 times a year, 4 or 5 times is wonderful, but depends on our schedules coinciding.  I know it's been a while since my first blog, but I've got lots of news and I'm trying to figure out how to share it all a little at a time.  Soon to come-- where will our next house/apt be?  Tennessee, Mississippi or South Carolina??  Stay tuned to find out more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment