Friday, June 10, 2011

A little less of me!



So, I decided to join Weight Watchers last week because I was tired of not fitting into my jeans.  I've got a drawer full of jeans that are too tight and come Fall when I'm wanting to get into them I'll be ready this year!  I have continued to exercise, but just not as enthusiastically as I was about two years ago.  And exercise for me now as been more to maintain, but I've been "maintaining" weight that I'd just rather not have at all. 

I went for my weigh-in last night and I had lost 2.6 lbs!  Yay me!  I need that accountability and I need to "track" my points in order to see what I can or cannot have.  (Track means to write down each item you eat and it's point value)  Here are some little diddies they say at the meetings:  If you bite it, write it.  If you nibble, scribble.  If you drink it, ink it.  On this PointsPlus program, you can eat all the fruits and veggies you want for FREE!  I'm allowed 29 points per day and if I exercise, I can add about 3-6 points on to that day depending on how long I exercise.  I am also allowed 49 extra points per week in case there's a celebration in which I'd like to partake.  :)  But this past week, I've really tried to stick to the 29 pts per day and not "celebrate" too much.  Even if I exercised, I didn't go over my points.  There were a few days that I ate at restaurants, but I was smart about what I ordered.  When I joined I bought the Dining Out book that has all kinds of restaurant nutrition points they've already calculated for me.  And I bought a PointsPlus calculator 
which is wonderful for looking up local restaurants that might not be in the book.  For example, if I wanted to go to Newks
to eat, I could get a half chicken salad sandwich (12pts) and a cup of Chicken Tortilla soup for (4pts).  But if I opted for the Turkey breast sandwich, it's only 8pts.  Therefore, I could eat there, I would just need to plan breakfast/supper accordingly.  (and maybe work in a cardio session that day).  But the calculator calculates the Fiber, Carbs, Fat and Protein for me when I have that nutrition info available online.  So, I would say that my first week of WW was a success!  They are starting the summer sessions on Monday nights, so since I just weighed in yesterday, I think I'm going to skip this Monday and my next weigh-in will be in 10 days.  I'm planning to weigh-in weekly until we move.  Then it might take a few weeks for me to find a time/place in South Carolina, but I'll have a better idea of what I need to do once I get there.  I'll still be tracking my points each day though. 

Have any of you done Weight Watchers?  If so, what are some tips you might have for me??  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment